page contains random stuff that just didn't fit in anywhere else.
If you have some random info, links, pictures, etc., send them to us and
maybe we'll post it. Maybe not. Who knows? If we do,
we'll give you credit. (I know, you were hoping for cash, but
that's not going to happen.) This could be your 15 minutes of fame, don't
Duct Tape Guys - These guys are pretty friggin' random...
Your House From Space - Did you see "Enemy of the
- I would argue that LNSDMW!
U.S. Beer Drinking Team. Apparently, our beer-drinking brethren
have formed a team!
Drunkard Magazine - Dedicated to the fine art of drinking.
Magazine - Keeps me informed!
Onion - America's Finest News Source
would appear that France bashing is contagious. This was sent to
me "anonymously"... The
Complete History of the French Military
know I'm going to pay for this but, here are a few photos of things only
a woman driver could accomplish...
on the image to see a larger view...
are a few more pics that I found interesting...
AND YOU THINK YOU'RE HAVING A BAD DAY AT WORK !!
I detect some kind of shark theme here?
World's Shortest Vacation
Cup Soccer. Oh yeah...
know you're from NOO JOISEY if:
You've been seriously injured at Action Park.
2. You don't think of citrus when people mention "The Oranges".
3. You know that it's called Great Adventure, not Six Flags.
4. You've ordered a hard roll with butter for breakfast.
5. You've known the way to Seaside Heights since you were seven.
6. You've eaten at a diner at 3 a.m.
7. You remember that the "Two Guys" were from Harrison.
8. You know that the state isn't one big oil refinery.
9. At least three people in your family still love Bruce Springsteen and
you know what town Jon Bon Jovi is from.
10. You know what a "jug handle" is.
11. You know that a WaWa is a convenience store.
12. You know that the state isn't all farmland.
13. You know that there are no "beaches" in New Jersey - there's
"The Shore", and you know that the road to the shore is
"The Parkway", not the "Garden State Highway".
14. You know that "Piney" isn't referring to a tree.
15. Even your school cafeteria made good Italian subs. And you call it a
"Sub" not a "submarine sandwich" or worse yet, a
"hoagie" or a "hero".
16. You remember the song from the Palisades Park commercials.
17. You know how to properly negotiate a Circle.
18. You knew that the last question had to do with driving.
19. You know that this is the only "New..." state that doesn't
require "New" to identify it (like, try...Mexico, ...York,
...Hampshire - doesn't work, does it?)
20. You only go to New York City for day trips, and you only call it
21. You know that a "White Castle" is the name of BOTH a fast
food chain AND a fast food sandwich.
22. You consider a corned beef sandwich with lettuce and mayo a sacrilege.
23. In the 80's, you wore your hair REALLY high.
24. You don't think "What exit" is very funny.
25. You know that the first "strip shopping center" in the
country is Route 1.
26. You know that people from 609 area code are "a little
27. You know that no respectable New Jerseyan goes to Princeton - that's
28. The Jets-Giants game has started fights at your school or local bar.
29. You live within 20 minutes of at least three different malls.
30. You can see the Manhattan skyline from some part of your town.
31. You refer to all highways and interstates by their numbers.
32. Every year, you had a least one kid in your class named Tony.
33. You know where every "clip" shown in the Sopranos opening
34. You've gotten on the wrong highway trying to get out of the
35. You've been to at least one mall in Paramus.
36. You know that people from North Jersey go to Seaside Heights, and
people from South Jersey go to Wildwood. It can't be the other way
37. You were not raised in New Jersey. You were raised in either North
Jersey, Central Jersey or South Jersey.
38. You don't consider Newark or Camden to actually be part of the state.
39. You remember the stores Korvette's, Rickel's, Channel, Bamburger's and
40. You've eaten a Boardwalk cheesteak with vinegar fries.
41. You start planning for Memorial Day weekend in February.
42. You've never pumped your own gas.
Paste Boy sent in the following unwritten New Jersey driving rules...
RULES FOR DRIVING IN NEW JERSEY
Turn signals will give away your next move. A real New Jersey driver never
2. Under no circumstance should you leave a safe distance between you and
the car in front of you, or the space will be filled in by somebody else,
putting you in an even more dangerous situation.
3. The faster you drive through a red light, the smaller the chance you have
of getting hit or being ticketed.
4. Never, ever come to a complete stop at a stop sign. No one expects it and
it may result in being rear-ended.
5. Never get in the way of an older car that needs extensive bodywork. New
Jersey is a no-fault insurance state, the other guy may just be seeking lots
of extra money and an early retirement.
6. Braking is to be done as hard and late as possible to ensure that your
ABS kicks in, giving a nice, relaxing foot massage as the brake pedal
pulsates. For those of you without ABS, it's a chance to stretch your legs.
7. Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right. It's fun to scare
people entering the highway.
8. Remember, in New Jersey speed limits are arbitrary and capricious, think
of them as mealy suggestions, apparently they are not enforceable in New
Jersey during rush hour.
9. Keep in mind, just because you're in the left lane and have no room to
speed up or move over doesn't mean that a New Jersey driver flashing his
high beams behind you doesn't think he can go faster.
10. Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or even someone
changing a tire.
11. Learn to swerve abruptly. New Jersey is the home of "high-speed
slalom driving." The State Highway Department, prides itself putting
pot-holes in key locations to test drivers' reflexes and keep them on their
12. It is traditional in New Jersey to honk your horn at cars that don't
move the instant the light turns green or for any other reason deemed
necessary, arbitrary or capricious.
13. Remember that the goal of every New Jersey driver is to get there first
by whatever means necessary.
14. In New Jersey, "flipping someone the bird" is considered a
traditional New Jersey salute. You should always return this gesture and
thereby keep up the proud tradition.
some things you don't see every day... (Thanks, WinoNeil)
(Click on the image to see a full size photo.)